This article provides a detailed walkthrough on how to link NIN to MTN line.
The Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) made it compulsory for all Nigerians to link their NIN with their sim cards. And it is no longer news at all.
This is to ensure that the sim cards remain connected to their Network service providers. Shortly after the announcement was made, the major network service providers released ways by which their customers can link their NIN to their number.
However, some Nigerians who possess the National Identity Number still don’t know how to link it to their phone numbers. Here are a few steps to link your phone number with your NIN.
To avoid disconnection, MTN released a USSD code and URL on their official Twitter page. A code and URL on how their customers can easily link their phone number to their National Identity Number.
Once you register, the National Identity Management Commission will give you an NIN printout slip. If you lost your slip, there’s an alternative to getting your 11-digit NIN.
Related: How to Check BVN on MTN, GLO, 9mobile, and Airtel
How To Check Your NIN On MTN:
Dial *364# from the phone number you used to register your NIN.
Select the NIN Retrieval option by pressing 1 to get your NIN.
Note: Your telecom provider charges you ₦20 every time you dial *364#.
Related: How to Check Glo Data Balance in 2023 (A Quick guide)
How To Link Your NIN To Your MTN Sim:
There are different options for you to link your NIN to your MTN Sim depending on your comfort and choice. Here are four ways how you can link your NIN to your MTN Sim:
- Using USSD
- Using MyMTN app
- From the MTN NIN Portal
- Through the NIMC Mobile ID application
READ; How To Borrow Airtime From MTN- A quick guide
Link Your NIN Using USSD
This is the easiest and simplest way to link your NIN to your MTN Sim. Just dial *785*NIN# from the phone number you wish to link to NIN and the job is done.
It works with all MTN Sim cards and you can link as many as you have with the *785# code.
Using MyMTN App:
Here’s another means of linking your NIN to your MTN line.
- Make sure you have MyMTN app installed on your mobile phone.
- Login on the app using your phone number and click proceed to submit your NIN details
- Click submit
From The MTN NIN Portal:
- Visit MTN online NIN portal
- Fill in your First Name, Last Name, Middle Name (optional), Phone Number, National Identification Number, and Email Number.
- Then click submit
Through the NIMC Mobile ID application:
NIMC have launched an app which should enable you to link up to seven numbers to an NIN. To access the NIMC mobile app, visit this linke to download the app .
Follow these easy steps to link your NIN to your MTN line using NIMC mobile app.
- Download the ‘MWS: NIMC MobileID’ application on Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Launch the application and insert your NIN and phone number. An OTP is sent to your phone number for verification (OTP is valid for 30 minutes).
- You’ll be required to create a 6 digit password/PIN. You will always need that 6-digit PIN to sign in to your NIMC mobile app dashboard.
- On your dashboard, select the LINK MY NUMBERS option to add and validate your MTN line. You can add up to 7 mobile numbers and an OTP is required to verify all numbers added.
Since you know how to link your NIN to your MTN Sim, you don’t need to fear being banned. Just follow the instructions above to link your NIN to your MTN Sim successfully.
Visit Battabox.com for more educative stories.