Winning an international scholarship for Nigerian students is definitely a dream that doesn’t come true often.
However, studying abroad remains the dream of most Nigerian students. But before going straight into why you’re here, let’s explore the beautiful nation called Nigeria.
Nigeria, an African nation on the Gulf of Guinea, is home to numerous wildlife preserves and natural landmarks.
Waterfalls, deep rainforests, savanna, and rare primate habitats can all be found in protected regions like Yankari and Cross River National Parks.
However, with such impeccable attributes in Nigeria, it is still prevalent that most Nigerian students seek to explore avenues that will take them overseas. It is also common knowledge that Nigeria has a lot of universities that are way cheaper than schools abroad.
And even though many Nigerians attend these Universities, others, nevertheless, continue their education abroad on their dime or scholarships offered by foreign governments. The list of scholarships below is open to Nigerian students.
International Scholarships for Nigerian Students 2022
Fully funded international scholarships for Nigerian students include:
- Breaking Barrier Studentship Awards 2023
- Erasmus+ MSc Scholarship Programme 2023
- Adelaide Refugee and Humanitarian Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
- Winter Korean Culture Camp 2023
- Fully Funded Chinese Government Scholarship 2023
- CERN Summer Student International Program 2023
- School of Medical Sciences International Masters Scholarship – University of Auckland
- DIW Berlin FULLY FUNDED PhD. Scholarship (5 Years) 2023, Berlin, Germany.
- Stephen Young Global Leaders’ Scholarship Programme 2023
- Netherlands Government Fully Funded Scholarships 2023
Some of the above scholarships are UK master’s scholarships for Nigerian students in 2022. To view the complete list, click on ongoing scholarships for international students
Also, if you go through the list of available scholarships in the link above, you’ll find an outstanding scholarship to study abroad for Nigerian students in 2023. And one fantastic thing about these Scholarships is that they are fully funded scholarships.
10 Free scholarships to study abroad for undergraduate 2022
Here is a list of the ten best free scholarships to study abroad in 2022.
- Cambridge Trust Scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- AAUW international fellowship
- Vanier Graduate Scholarship
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
- Marshall scholarships
- Vera scholarship
- Schwarzman Scholars award
- Rhodes scholarship
Still not satisfied? If you’re still hunting for Nigerian students scholarship that will be beneficial to you or your friend or siblings or maybe international scholarships for African students, you can check out the following:
10 International scholarships for Nigerian students in the UK
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2023-2024 for Students from Developing Countries – King’s College London
- Boustany Foundation 2023 MBA Scholarship At Cambridge University
- Goldman Sachs 2023 Africa Recruiting Initiative for African Students
- University of Birmingham 2022-2023 Global Masters Scholarship for International Students
- University of Liverpool 2023 Postgraduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation 2023 Masters Scholarships for African Students
- Imperial College London 2022 – GREAT Scholarship
- Skoll MBA Scholarships 2023/2024 at Said Business School for International Students – UK
- Standard Bank 2023-2024 Africa Chairman’s Scholarship – Oxford University
- British Council 2023 GREAT Scholarships for Nigerian Students
7 International scholarships for Nigerian students in Canada
- Carleton University 2022-2023 Richard J. Van Loon Scholarships for African Students – Canada
- University of Calgary 2022 International Entrance Scholarship for International Students – Canada
- McGill University 2023 Entrance Bursary Program for International Students – Canada
- Trudeau Foundation 2023-2024 Doctoral Scholarships in Canada for Researchers
- PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund 2023/2024 Application Update
- University of Toronto 2023 President’s Scholars of Excellence Program for International Undergraduate Students – Canada
- University of Waterloo 2023 Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)/Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST)
These scholarships for international students will aid you in reaching the acme of your dream. You’ll find they are fully funded if you go through most of them.
Related: Canadian Scholarships for Nigerian Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you still have some questions about available scholarships in Nigeria? Here are also some Frequently Asked Questions that might be very helpful to you, especially if you are in dire need of seeking an international scholarship:
There are various ways to get a scholarship abroad from Nigeria. However, the most common way is by filling out application forms online.
Getting a fully funded scholarship to study abroad is easy. It is contained in the details of every scholarship application.
Among the countries that provide full scholarships to international students easily are Germany, Greece, Japan, China, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Korea.
Iceland, Brazil, Finland, Germany, France, Austria, Norway
Canada, Germany, and The United States.
There are other different scholarships available in the USA for African students. Still, the MasterCard Foundation Scholarships stand out since they have teamed up with numerous private universities to offer top-notch education to students from industrialized nations like Africa.
To learn more about the financial options for postgraduate students studying in the UK, mainly whether you are qualified to apply for a scholarship, visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website.
Germany, France, Italy, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and China.
he most well-known fully funded scholarship in China is offered by the Chinese government and fully covers both study and lodging. It is known as The Grant of the PRC and provides students with a $500–$600 monthly scholarship.
Norway, Taiwan, Germany, France, Mexico, India, Argentina, and Poland.
Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden
Applicants must possess a globally recognized English language qualification, such as the IELTS or an equivalent.
The average cost for overseas UG students for four-year institutions is $26,290 (₦12,000,000).
Your tuition costs will vary depending on the degree program and university or school you choose. You will require between CAD 13,000 and 40,000 each year to pay for this.
Can I stay in the UK after my scholarship?
After completing an undergraduate or master’s degree, international students may apply to remain in the UK for up to two years.
Despite the absence of tuition-free universities, the UK offers international students many private and public scholarships.
Chevening Scholarship UK, Gates Cambridge Scholarship, Simmons University Kotzen Scholarships, Imperial College London PhD. Scholarship, GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship.
$10,000 “No Essay” Scholarship, $2,000 Nitro College Scholarship – No Essay, $2,500 Christian Connector Scholarship, $5,000 Graduate School Scholarship, $2,000 College Repayment Grant.
Wesleyan University, Dartmouth College, Stanford University.
The Gates Millennium Scholars Program aids 1,000 students on average and is one of the most significant scholarships offered by the United Negro College Fund (UNCF).
Emirati students may qualify for 100% scholarships from the ICT Fund to study electrical engineering or information technology at the University of Dubai.
To discover study abroad scholarships, you can use various sources, including university websites, online scholarship databases, official study abroad pages for certain nations, etc.
Yes. Once you can take leverage of a fully funded scholarship.
Canada may not be known to be a cheap place to study, but it is certainly not as high as countries like the US and UK.
In general, Canadian universities don’t waive tuition. As a result, free education is not available in Canada. Some Canadian colleges do, however, provide fully financed scholarships for international students.
Like it was stated at the beginning of this article, international scholarships for every Nigerian student are a dream come true.
Don’t let’s get started on the why, however, now that you have read this article, the next step is to find out if you’re in any way qualified to apply for the 2022/2023 international scholarships