Do you have a picky eater at home? Are you struggling to come up with meal ideas that they’ll actually enjoy? You’re not alone! Picky eating can be a frustrating and challenging issue for many parents and caregivers.
With a little creativity and flexibility, there are plenty of easy and delicious recipes out there that even the most finicky eaters will love. In this article, we’ll explore the causes of picky eating and provide helpful tips on how to encourage your child to try new foods. Plus, we’ll share a whopping 72 recipes that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
In this article, we’ll explore the causes of picky eating and provide helpful tips on how to encourage your child to try new foods. Plus, we’ll share a whopping 72 recipes that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
What Causes Picky Eating?
Picky Eating Picky eating can have many causes, including genetics, sensory processing issues, learned behaviors, and psychological factors. Understanding the root cause of your child’s picky eating can help you address it more effectively.
For example, if your child has sensory processing issues, they may be more sensitive to textures and flavors in food. Here, it’s helpful to introduce new foods gradually and in small amounts. If your child has learned to associate mealtime with stress or negative emotions, it may be important to create a more positive and enjoyable environment around eating.
How to Help Picky Eaters
There are many strategies you can use to help your picky eater become more adventurous with their food choices. One key tip is to understand your child’s food preferences and work within those boundaries.
If your child loves pasta, try incorporating different sauces or toppings to add variety to their meals. Another strategy is to involve your child in meal planning and preparation – this can help them feel more invested in the process and more willing to try new things. Finally, be a good role model by eating a varied and healthy diet yourself.
Easy Recipes for Picky Eaters
Now for the good stuff – delicious and easy recipes that your picky eater will actually enjoy! We’ve got you covered for every meal, plus snacks, desserts, and drinks.
- Ants on a Log – celery sticks filled with peanut butter and raisins
- Cheese and crackers – choose your child’s favorite cheese and crackers for a simple and satisfying snack
- Veggie chips – bake thinly sliced vegetables like sweet potato or zucchini for a healthy and crunchy snack
- Pancakes – try adding blueberries, chocolate chips, or bananas to mix things up
- French toast – dip bread in a mixture of eggs, milk, and cinnamon, then fry until golden brown
- Yogurt parfait – layer yogurt, granola, and fruit for a healthy and easy breakfast
- Grilled cheese – use your child’s favorite cheese and bread for a classic and comforting lunch
- Quesadilla – fill a tortilla with cheese and chicken or veggies, then heat in a pan until crispy
- Chicken nuggets – make your own using chicken breast, breadcrumbs, and seasoning for a healthier alternative to fast food
- Spaghetti and meatballs – try turkey meatballs or veggie meatballs for a healthier twist
- Tacos – let your child choose their own toppings like cheese, lettuce, and salsa
- Baked chicken – season chicken breasts and bake until cooked through for a simple and healthy dinner option
- Chocolate chip cookies – use a classic recipe or try a healthier version with oatmeal and dark chocolate chips
- Rice crispy treats – mix marshmallows and rice crispy cereal for a sweet and crunchy treat
- Fruit salad – chop up your child’s favorite fruits and serve
- Fruit smoothie – blend together your child’s favorite fruits, yogurt, and milk for a healthy and refreshing drink
- Hot cocoa – mix cocoa powder, milk, and sugar for a cozy and comforting treat
- Milkshake – blend ice cream and milk for a sweet and indulgent dessert drink
72 Recipes for Picky Eaters
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Ham and cheese sandwich
- Grilled ham and cheese sandwich
- English muffin pizza
- Cheese quesadilla
- Macaroni and cheese
- Cheese ravioli
- Cheeseburger sliders
- Chicken and cheese taquitos
- Chicken and cheese enchiladas
- Teriyaki chicken stir-fry with rice
- Baked salmon with broccoli
- Cheese and spinach stuffed chicken breast
- Baked chicken fingers with honey mustard dipping sauce
- Tuna salad sandwich
- Turkey and cheese wrap
- Egg salad sandwich
- Chicken salad sandwich
- Baked ziti with marinara sauce and cheese
- Sloppy Joes
- Beef and cheese burritos
- Mini pizzas with pepperoni and cheese
- Chicken alfredo pasta
- Chicken pot pie
- Turkey chili
- Vegetarian chili
- Shepherd’s pie
- Sweet potato and black bean enchiladas
- Baked potato with cheese and bacon
- Grilled chicken Caesar salad
- Tomato soup with grilled cheese croutons
- Broccoli and cheese soup
- Minestrone soup
- Creamy tomato soup
- Chicken noodle soup
- Sausage and cheese omelet
- Vegetable omelet
- French toast sticks with maple syrup
- Pancake dippers with syrup
- Oatmeal with fruit and honey
- Yogurt and granola parfait
- Bagel and cream cheese
- Scrambled eggs with cheese
- Baked eggs in avocado
- English muffin breakfast sandwich
- Bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast burrito
- Grilled chicken and cheese sandwich
- BBQ pulled pork sandwich
- Roast beef and cheese sandwich
- Reuben sandwich
- Turkey club sandwich
- Caesar salad with chicken
- Greek salad with feta cheese
- Chicken fajita salad
- Caprese salad with mozzarella cheese
- Cobb salad with bacon and hard-boiled egg
- Chocolate chip cookie bars
- Rice krispie treats with peanut butter and chocolate chips
- Apple slices with caramel dip
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Banana bread with chocolate chips
- Lemon bars
- Strawberry shortcake
- Chocolate cake with vanilla frosting
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- Peach cobbler
- Blueberry crisp
- Chocolate milkshake
- Vanilla milkshake
- Strawberry milkshake
- Mint chocolate chip milkshake
Meal preparation for Picky Eaters
Are you tired of making the same meals over and over again because your picky eaters refuse to try anything new? Do you find yourself spending hours scouring the internet for new recipes that your family will actually eat? Look no further, because we have compiled a list of 73 easy and delicious recipes that even the pickiest eaters will enjoy. From breakfast to dinner, and even some snacks in between, we’ve got you covered.
- Pancakes – Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, and an egg for a classic breakfast favorite. Top with butter and syrup or add chocolate chips for a sweet twist.
- French Toast – Soak slices of bread in an egg and milk mixture, then fry until golden brown. Serve with syrup, whipped cream, or fruit.
- Scrambled Eggs – Beat eggs with milk, salt, and pepper, then cook in a skillet until fully cooked. Serve plain or with cheese and veggies mixed in.
- Breakfast Burrito – Scramble eggs with cheese and sausage, then wrap in a tortilla with salsa and sour cream.
- Smoothie Bowl – Blend together frozen fruit, yogurt, and milk, then top with granola, fruit, and honey.
- Bagels – Toast a bagel and top with cream cheese, lox, or peanut butter and jelly.
- Omelette – Beat eggs with salt and pepper, then cook in a skillet with your choice of fillings, such as cheese, veggies, or ham.
- Cinnamon Rolls – Unroll pre-made cinnamon rolls and bake according to package instructions. Top with icing.
- Grilled Cheese – Butter two slices of bread, then place cheese in between and cook in a skillet until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
- Chicken Nuggets – Coat chicken in a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper, then fry until fully cooked. Serve with ketchup or honey mustard.
- Pizza – Spread sauce and cheese on a pre-made crust, then add toppings like pepperoni, sausage, or veggies.
- Quesadilla – Fill a tortilla with cheese and your choice of meat or veggies, then cook in a skillet until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy.
- Tacos – Cook ground beef with taco seasoning, then serve in a tortilla with lettuce, cheese, and salsa.
- PB&J – Spread peanut butter and jelly on bread and serve with chips or fruit.
- Mac and Cheese – Cook pasta according to package instructions, then mix with cheese sauce and bake until bubbly.
- Hot Dogs – Grill or boil hot dogs, then serve on a bun with ketchup, mustard, or relish.
- Grilled Chicken – Season chicken with salt and pepper, then grill or bake until fully cooked. Serve with your choice of sides.
- Spaghetti – Cook spaghetti according to package instructions, then serve with your choice of sauce and meatballs.
- Fajitas – Cook chicken or beef with onions and peppers, then serve in a tortilla with salsa and sour cream.
- Fried Rice – Cook rice, then stir-fry with veggies, eggs, and your choice of meat.
- Baked Potatoes – Bake potatoes, then top with butter, cheese, sour cream, and bacon bits.
- Meatloaf – Mix together ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, and seasoning, then bake until fully cooked.
- Chili – Cook ground beef with beans and tomato sauce, then serve with cheese and crackers.
- Chicken Parmesan – Coat chicken in bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, then bake until fully cooked. Serve with spaghetti and marinara sauce.
- Hamburger – Grill or cook beef patties, then serve on a bun with ketchup, mustard, and cheese.
- Veggie Burger – Cook a vegetarian patty, then serve on a bun with lettuce, tomato, and cheese.
- Sloppy Joes – Cook ground beef with onions and tomato sauce, then serve on a bun.
- BBQ Chicken – Grill or bake chicken, then brush with BBQ sauce and serve with your choice of sides.
- Fish Sticks – Coat fish in breadcrumbs and bake until fully cooked. Serve with tartar sauce.
- Tuna Salad – Mix canned tuna with mayo, celery, and onion, then serve on bread or with crackers.
- Baked Chicken – Season chicken with salt and pepper, then bake until fully cooked. Serve with your choice of sides.
- Shepherd’s Pie – Cook ground beef with veggies, then top with mashed potatoes and bake until bubbly.
- Lasagna – Layer cooked noodles with meat sauce, cheese, and spinach, then bake until bubbly.
- Stir Fry – Stir-fry veggies and your choice of meat with soy sauce, ginger, and garlic, then serve over rice.
- Apple Slices – Slice apples and serve with peanut butter or caramel sauce.
- Trail Mix – Mix together nuts, seeds, and dried fruit for a healthy snack on-the-go.
- Popcorn – Pop popcorn and sprinkle with salt or butter for a classic movie snack.
- Yogurt Parfait – Layer yogurt, granola, and fruit in a cup for a sweet and crunchy snack.
- Cheese and Crackers – Serve cheese slices with crackers for a quick and easy snack.
- Carrot Sticks – Slice carrots and serve with ranch dressing or hummus.
- Ants on a Log – Fill celery sticks with peanut butter and top with raisins.
- Pretzels – Serve pretzels with mustard or cheese dip.
- Guacamole – Mash avocados with lime juice, salt, and pepper, then serve with tortilla chips.
- Deviled Eggs – Mix egg yolks with mayo, mustard, and salt, then fill egg whites and sprinkle with paprika.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – Mix together flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and chocolate chips, then bake until golden brown.
- Brownies – Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and butter, then bake until fully cooked.
- Rice Krispie Treats – Melt marshmallows and butter, then mix with Rice Krispie cereal and press into a pan.
- Fruit Salad – Chop up your favorite fruits and mix together for a refreshing and healthy dessert.
- Ice Cream Sundae – Scoop vanilla ice cream into a bowl, then top with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and sprinkles.
- Banana Bread – Mix together flour, sugar, bananas, eggs, and butter, then bake until fully cooked.
- Lemon Bars – Mix together flour, sugar, eggs, and lemon juice, then bake until fully cooked and top with powdered sugar.
- Chocolate Pudding – Mix together instant pudding and milk, then chill in the fridge until set.
- Cinnamon Sugar Toast – Toast bread, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar for a simple yet delicious dessert.
- S’mores – Toast marshmallows over a fire, then sandwich between graham crackers and chocolate.
- Hot Cocoa – Mix together cocoa powder, sugar, and milk, then heat in a saucepan until hot and frothy.
- Lemonade – Mix together lemon juice, sugar, and water, then serve over ice.
- Smoothie – Blend together your favorite fruits and yogurt or milk for a refreshing and healthy drink.
- Milkshake – Blend together ice cream and milk for a classic and indulgent treat.
- Shirley Temple – Mix together ginger ale, grenadine, and a cherry for a fun and fizzy drink.
- Strawberry Milk – Blend together milk and fresh strawberries for a sweet and creamy beverage.
- Orange Julius – Blend together orange juice, milk, sugar, and vanilla for a creamy and citrusy drink.
- Lemon Sorbet – Mix together lemon juice, sugar, and water, then freeze in an ice cream maker for a refreshing dessert-like drink.
- Mango Lassi – Blend together mango, yogurt, and honey for a creamy and tropical drink.
- Watermelon Lemonade – Blend together watermelon and lemon juice, then add sugar and water for a refreshing and fruity drink.
- Pina Colada – Blend together pineapple, coconut milk, and rum (optional) for a tropical and indulgent drink.
- Hot Apple Cider – Heat up apple cider with cinnamon sticks, cloves, and nutmeg for a cozy and seasonal drink.
- Green Tea Latte – Brew green tea, then mix with steamed milk and honey for a healthy and comforting drink.
- Iced Coffee – Brew coffee and chill in the fridge, then mix with milk and sugar for a refreshing and energizing drink.
- Mint Mojito – Muddle mint leaves with lime juice and sugar, then add rum and soda water for a refreshing and summery drink.
- Hot Toddy – Mix together hot water, honey, lemon juice, and whiskey for a warm and comforting drink.
Picky eaters can be a challenge to cook for, but there are plenty of easy and delicious recipes out there to satisfy even the most finicky of eaters. With a little creativity and flexibility, you can modify classic dishes and create new favorites that everyone at the table will enjoy. From simple snacks and easy meals to indulgent desserts and refreshing drinks, these 72 recipes for picky eaters offer something for everyone. So why not give them a try and see what tasty creations you can come up with?