Peter Obi Networth and Biography: Former Governor of Anambra State and 2022/2023 Labour Party (LP) presidential Candidate, Peter Obi, is a wealthy politician and a successful businessman as well.
Despite the struggle for a fair outcome of the February 25th, 2023 election, which is suspected to have involved a lot of resources, Peter Obi has still retained his affluence showing great aptitude for management and sustainability.
Peter Obi had huge success as a businessman before venturing into politics, holding multiple managing positions in several businesses and corporations. The former governor has progressed in business and politics and amassed great wealth and an even more outstanding reputation for himself.
That said, let’s talk more about Peter Obi Networth and Biography.
- Atiku Abubakar Net Worth, Biography and Political History
- Aliko Dangote Biography: Net worth, Serial Monogamist, Influence, AGIP
Peter Obi Networth and Biography: Early Life and Education
Peter Gregory Obi (CON), was born in Onitsha, Anambra State on the 19th of July 1961. He is 61 years old and was fondly called “Okwute” by his loved ones, meaning “Rock.”
Peter Obi had his early education in Onitsha, Anambra state. His Secondary School education was at Christ the King College, Onitsha. For his Tertiary education, he attended the renowned University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He graduated from there with a degree in Philosophy in 1984.
Peter Obi’s large appetite for knowledge and academics made him travel out of the country to further his education at top international schools. He attended Harvard Business School, Boston, USA, and the London School of Economics where he studied Financial Management/Business Policy.
He also attended Columbia Business School, in New York USA where he studied Marketing Management; attended Institute for Management and Development, Switzerland where he got two certificates in Senior Executive Program and Chief Executive Officer’s program.
Peter Obi is also an Alumnus of Kellogg Graduate School of Management, USA, Oxford, and Cambridge University.
- Rochas Okorocha Biography: Net worth, Politics, EFCC video, and Quasi-philanthropy
- Nelson Mandela Biography: From ‘Terrorist’ to Global Icon
Peter Obi is happily married to Mrs. Brownson Margaret Obi and they are blessed with two children, a boy, and a girl. The boy’s name is Gregory Peter Oseloka Obi and the girl is Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi. They are all devoted Catholics.
- Top 10 Most Powerful Countries in the World
- Elon Musk Net Worth: Biography, Wives, Asperger Syndrome, and Obasanjo’s ‘carrot and stick’ approach
Peter Obi NetWorth
Peter Obi who was the former governor of Anambra State and vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2019 general elections, was a trader who ventured into banking before he was named governor.
Peter Obi is a billionaire in naira with an estimated Net Worth of $10 million (₦4,364,800,000.00).
He has several retail assets, and according to reports, his family owns a network of supermarkets in Lagos, Anambra, and Abuja. Furthermore, it is said that he owns shares in a number of financial services companies, including banks and stock brokerages.
- Bishop David Oyedepo Biography: Net worth, Messages, Books, and Buhari’s ‘shadow boxer’
- Apostle Johnson Suleman Biography: Net worth, Age, Damascus experience, and Controversies
His Business Career
Due to his intelligence and business insight, Peter Obi was able to create a successful and reputable career in the business world. He worked with several high-profile companies in different managerial and business roles.
Some of the companies he worked with include:
- Next International Nigeria Ltd
- Guardian Express Mortgage Bank Ltd
- Guardian Express Bank Plc
- Future View Securities Ltd
- Paymaster Nigeria Ltd
- Chams Nigeria Ltd
- Corp Ltd and Card Centre Ltd
During former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s tenure, Peter Obi was appointed as the Chairman of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Peter Obi is also a member of other top-rated bodies including, the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG), the Nigerian Chartered Institute of Bankers, and the British Institute of Directors (IOD), among other renowned groups.
- #Falz’s Celebrates 32nd Birthday
- US warns employees’ family members
- BBNaija Whitemoney Rocks See-Through Ensemble
His Political Career
Peter Obi’s political career faced a lot of opposition, but his determination and boldness aided him to overcome them all.
He first vied for the governorship seat in Anambra in 2003 under the All Progressives Grand Alliance party (APGA). However, INEC, on the other hand, declared his opponent, Chris Nigige as the winner.
Peter Obi refused to accept such a ruling and fought the case in court for three years. He was declared the winner and was inaugurated as governor of Anambra State on March 17, 2006. In 2010, Peter Obi contested for reelection as Governor of Anambra State.
He won the election gallantly, defeating his opponent, former CBN governor, Professor Charles Soludo. He governed the people of Anambra State for another four years before handing over to Willie Obiano in 2014.
Peter Obi aspired for the vice-president of Nigeria role as Atiku Abubakar’s running mate under the People’s Democratic Party in 2019. He, however, lost the election to the current President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari.
Now, he is contesting vehemently for the seat of the President of Nigeria come 2023.
MUST READ: Muyiwa Ademola (Biography and Networth 2022)
Peter Obi’s Awards and Recognitions
As mentioned earlier, Peter Obi has amassed a great reputation for himself in the business and political world. Here now is a list of the awards and recognitions he has received for his outstanding ventures in both business and political sectors:
- Man of the Year, Sun Newspaper, 2007
- Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria, Thisday Newspaper, 2009
- Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor, Champion Newspaper, 2009
- Governor of the Year, West Africa ICT Development Award, 2010.
- Zik Leadership prize, 2011
- Best Performing Governor on Immunization in South-East Nigeria, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, 2012
- Leadership and Good Governance Award, Ezeife Leadership Foundation, 2012
- Man of the Year, Business Hallmark Newspaper 2012
- Award for Outstanding Example in Leadership and Governance, The Voice Newspaper, 2014
- Most Outstanding Igbo Man of the Decade, Champion Newspaper, 2014
- Golden Merit Award, Nigerian Library Association, 2014
- Golden Jubilee Award, Catholic Diocese of Onitsha, 2015
The legitimacy of Peter Obi’s affluence is one not to be debated on. This legitimacy of his streams of income is one supportive of his activities as a presidential candidate for 2023.
- 80 Best Instagram Bio for Boys (Attitude & stylish)
- 100+ Best Instagram Bio for Girls in 2023
- Mercy Chinwo Biography: Net worth, Music, Iconic berets, and Light & darkness interrelation
We hope that this article about Peter Obi networth has given you a detailed information about who the Labour party presidential candidate is? To get notified about our latest news and update, you can sign up here