Union Bank of Nigeria is one of the long-standing financial organizations in the country. The organization has been growing and developing its services as technology advances. Union bank transfer code lets you send funds to someone with USSD and avoid long-standing or ATM queues.
Union Bank of Nigeria has created stress-free ways for customers to perform transactions without too many glitches. Presenting smooth financial services, such as the transfer of funds with the use of USSD, has given customer fulfilment. This service is safe and can be used to perform different financial operations without being physically present.
The Union Bank transfer code
We are sure that you know about the possibility of performing financial operations without going to the bank. All you need is an account and a mobile phone linked to the account. You do not have to be connected to the internet before you can use the service. All of these are possible by the USSD code provided by the bank.
The code will let you carry out transactions distantly. The official Union Bank transfer code is *826#. With this code, you can perform a number of transactions at any time of the day and anywhere.
How to activate the Union Bank code
If you want to have a feeling of the USSD code, you have to first activate this code on your phone. The process of registering for the transfer code is not difficult and free. Below is how you can activate the Union Bank transfer code.
- Go to the dial pad on your phone.
- Make sure to use the phone number linked to your Union Bank account. Dial the USSD code *826#.
- Input your account number, which is a 10-digit number.
- You will be asked to provide the last six numbers of your debit card.
- After that, enter your transfer PIN, which is a four-digit number.
- Be sure to confirm all your details.
- You will receive a message that will indicate that you have successfully activated this service on your phone.
How to transfer money to another Union Bank account
This fund transfer service is completely free, and here are the steps to follow:
- Pick up your phone and go straight to the dial pad
- Go on to dial *826*1*Amount*Recipient’s Account No#
- For example, you can dial *826*1*15000*28676360980#
How to send money to someone Through the Union Bank code
The transfer code for Union Bank transfer lets users send money to other people. However, the organization only gives room for transfers from your current or savings accounts. Other accounts like corporate, joint, target savings and domiciliary accounts are not permitted to use this service. There are two ways to transfer money using the Union Bank code.
How to transfer money to other bank accounts
It is crucial to note that sending money to other bank accounts draws a service fee. Here are the steps to go about it.
- Go to the dial pad on your phone.
- Dial *826*2*Amount*Recipient’s Account no#
- For instance, dial USSD code *826*2*15000*8791178867#
- When you dial the code, sanction the transaction by entering your money transfer PIN.
- Make sure you confirm the account details of the receiver, it will show on the screen.
- The funds will be sent to the other person instantly.
- You will receive a message letting you know that your transaction was successful.
How to check account balance through the USSD code
If you have an account with Union Bank, checking your account balance in the comfort of your house is very feasible. Go through the process below to check your account balance with the USSD code.
- Go to your phone, and open the dial pad.
- Dial 826*4#. Make sure to use the mobile number you opened your account with.
- You will need to provide your transfer PIN, which is a 4-digit number.
- Input the transfer PIN to finish the transaction.
- Your account balance will be shown to you on your phone screen.
Note: The account balance will be sent to you as a text message on your phone.
Check your BVN with Union Bank
To retrieve your Union Bank code using the USSD code on Union Bank, simply dial *565*0#, and follow the screen instructions.
Related: How to Check BVN
Why you Should use the USSD code
The USSD bank code service has given customers the convenience of performing transactions. Below are the advantages of using the service.
- It enables you to send money to other account holders.
- You can use the service to send funds to other financial organizations as a customer.
- You can purchase airtime for yourselves and your loved ones.
- You can subscribe for data for yourself and others.
- Another benefit is that you can check your account balance from the comfort of your house.
- As a customer, you can open a new account from the comfort of anywhere you are.
- You have the comfort of paying bills with the code.
- You can also purchase Goods with the code and pay the merchant using the code.
- The service is on 24/7, even at weekends, public holidays, or odd hours. You can not be affected.
- It does not care about which telecommunication network you are using because all networks in Nigeria can make use of this service.
Other USSD codes for Transactions
USSD Code recharge airtime for yourself *826*Amount#
- Recharge airtime for other people *826*Amount*Recipient’s phone No#
- Purchase data *826*9#
- If you want to request a debit card *826*21#
- If you want to withdraw money *826*7*amount#
- Asking for a loan *826*41#
- Paying merchants *826*22*merchant code*amount#
- Block and unblock debit/credit card *826*21#
- Block your account from your mobile number *826*6#
- Block your account from other numbers *826*6*mobile number#
When your USSD code is not Working
If you’re a new or old Union Bank Bank customer, and you’ve been dialling the USSD mobile banking code for Union Bank but have not been able to get through. Here are a few reasons and how you can get them fixed.
- Terrible Network Connection: When the network is gone or a bad network occurs. Either from your place (mobile network providers) or the bank’s network, an error message may come in after you might have dialled the Union Bank USSD to perform any transactions. To fix it, you’ll need to exercise some patience and try again.
- Not Yet Registered or Haven’t Activated the USSD Code: If you have not registered or activated the Union Bank code with the phone number linked to your account, the Union Bank USSD code will probably not work. To fix the issue, make sure you activate the Union Bank USSD code on your number.
- If you dial the USSD code on an unlinked/wrong phone number: If the number you registered your account number with is not used to dial the code, it will not work. To fix this, make sure you’re using the correct line.
Union Bank has a name for how credible and trustworthy they are in Nigeria. As technology advances, they have continued to grow and improve its services. With the creation of the Union Bank transfer code, customers can send funds safely with the use of USSD. The process above will show you how to transfer funds using the USSD code.
FAQs for union bank USSD code
What is the transfer code for Union Bank?
The USSD Session Fee charge is from your mobile network service provider for access to use *826# for transactions.
How do I transfer money from Union Bank mobile?
Go to the dial pad on your phone.
Dial *826*2*Amount*Recipient’s Account no#.
For instance, dial USSD code *826*2*15000*8791178867#.
When you dial the code, sanction the transaction by entering your money transfer PIN.
Make sure you confirm the account details of the receiver. It will show on the screen.
The funds will be sent to the other person instantly.
You will receive a message letting you know that your transaction was successful.
How can I activate my Union Bank transfer code?
Go to the call app on your mobile phone and dial *737*1*Amount*Recipient’s NUBAN Account Number#. For example, dial *737*1*5000*1234567890#. Make sure you dial the code using the phone number linked to your bank account. Enter your 4-digit transfer PIN to authorize the transaction.
How can I transfer money from my union bank account online?
Tap on Send/Request and then choose InstaPay.
Select the account you wish to transfer funds from.
Select the receiving bank and then choose to send money via email or mobile.
Enter the following details: The recipient’s email address or mobile number. …
Review transaction details.
Here are the steps to go about it.
Go to the call app on your phone.
Dial *826*2*Amount*Recipient’s Account no#
For example, dial USSD code *826*2*15000*8970078867#
Upon dialling the code, authorize the transaction by putting your money transfer PIN.