Chef Hilda Bassey Effiong, also known as “Hilda Baci,” is attempting to break the Guinness World Record for the longest cooking marathon by an individual.
She aims to cook non-stop for 96 hours, with no sleep for four nights, in an attempt to surpass the current record of 87 hours, 45 minutes, and 00 seconds.
READ ALSO: Seun Kuti Under Fire for Physically Assaulting Nigerian Police Officer
READ ALSO: Isreal DMW’s Cryptic Post Sparks Rumors After Davido Unfollows Him
Here are the 20 things to know about her and her record-breaking attempt:
- Hilda Baci will be cooking non-stop for four days, attempting to break the Guinness World Record for Marathon Cooking.
- Throughout the entire process, Hilda is not allowed to sit while cooking and must stand.
- Hilda Bassey Effiong is the real name of the young Nigerian chef who owns a food brand in Lagos called “My Food by Hilda.”
- The cooking is taking place at Amore Gardens, Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Hilda Baci will be cooking round the clock, with no sleep for four nights.
- She cannot consume coffee, stimulants, or energy drinks to artificially boost her energy levels while cooking, but she is permitted to eat food, drink water or fruit juice, and take glucose
- Hilda Baci is entitled to just five minutes of rest per hour, which equates to an hour of break time every 12 hours.
- The food Hilda cooks are shared with attendees at the venue for free, and she is not selling any of the food.
- She is cooking different meals simultaneously and is free to cook any meal she likes.
- Every meal cooked and every plate served is recorded, and Hilda’s progress is closely monitored.
- Hilda Baci started cooking on Thursday and is expected to complete the target time frame by Monday, May 15th, 2023, in the evening.
- The current record holder Hilda seeks to break is an Indian chef named Lata Tandon, who cooked non-stop for 87 hours and 45 minutes in 2019.
- Hilda is attempting to cook for 96 hours, using an additional nine hours to break the world record as the first human to spend such an amount of time cooking a marathon.
- Hilda Baci has named her cooking project “Cook-a-thon,” a phrase literally coined from the word “marathon.”
- Although she appears exhausted, the people around her are cheering her on to boost her morale. They are available to support her 24/7, even at night.
- Most of the food items, ingredients, utensils, and other materials used for this project are provided by Hilda’s sponsors. Thus, the expenses for the project are not entirely borne by her or her food brand.
- One of her partners, Uber, is offering a 40% discount on rides to the venue for those wishing to join and support her.
- Hilda’s mother is also a chef, and she owns a food brand called “Calabar Pot.”
- At 27 years old, Hilda is a young and talented chef with a passion for food and cooking.
- Hilda’s record-breaking attempt has captured the attention of many, and people are eagerly watching to see if she can achieve her goal and make history.
READ ALSO: Brymo Cautions Fans Against Advising Artists to Stay Humble
Hilda’s dedication and hard work are an inspiration to many, showcasing the talent, passion, and determination of young Nigerian chefs.