If you are desirous of knowing how to make peanuts in all their delicious variants, Santa just brought you an early present wrapped in words.
Don’t we all love peanuts? Most times, eating three meals a day doesn’t always keep hunger at bay. But adding nutritious snacks to your day could be a lifesaver! That’s where peanuts or peanut butter comes in.
You may call it a poor man’s diet, but a combination of peanuts, gari, sugar, and cold water is heavenly! If you’re not cut out for this (which we so much doubt), you can choose any of these pairings:
· Add peanuts or peanut butter to low-fat yogurt
· Spread peanut butter on slices of bread or bananas or apples
· Mix peanut butter and chocolate and serve with fresh fruits and veggies
There are so many other pairings your creative mind can explore, but beer lovers don’t have to be that imaginative. They know peanut goes down well with the brew!
How to make peanut burger
Peanut burger is a common snack enjoyed by both kids and adults. It is made by coating groundnuts and deep-frying them.
That sounds easy, but we have a confession: making peanut burgers is not as simple as ABC. However, if you follow our simple steps and don’t get distracted by Christmas shopping for the kids or the CBN’s new naira policy, you will find out that A for Apple and B for Ball can’t come any easier.
Ingredients for peanut
- 2 cups groundnut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk flavour
- 1 cap liquid vanilla flavour
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 medium eggs
- Enough vegetable oil for frying
- Remove the broken groundnut and pour it into a bowl
- Add hot water to the groundnut
- Add salt to taste
- Leave for 20-30 minutes
- Pour the soaked groundnut right into a sieve to empty the water
- Transfer to a big tray
- Spread the groundnuts and sun-dry
- Add powdered milk flavour and grated nutmeg into the bowl of flour
- Set aside
- Break eggs into a bowl, add sugar, salt, and liquid vanilla flavour, and mix
- Transfer the sun-dried groundnut right into a dry bowl
- Add the egg combination sufficient to coat the batch of groundnut you’ve got inside the bowl, mix
- Add the flour aggregate to the groundnut combined with the egg aggregate
- Turn over the groundnut with flour
- Repeat the coating process about four times till you are left with no flour and egg mixture and the peanut well coated
- Heat the vegetable oil and fry
- Stir continuously to avoid getting burnt (you know it’s ready when it’s golden brown)
- Transfer to a paper towel to empty the extra oil
- Leave to chill completely
- Then store in an air-tight container
You can start consuming it!
How to make homemade peanut burger
Let’s look at another way of making peanut burgers.
Preparation: 48 min
Baking: 15 min
Resting: 0 min
½ kg flour
150 g sugar
½ tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
250 g peanut
½ tsp nutmeg
Let’s get started.
- Step 1
Measure the flour and sieve into a pan
- Step 2
Add baking powder, nutmeg, and salt to the flour
- Step 3
Mix egg and sugar in a separate bowl
- Step 4
Add peanuts to a separate dish
- Step 5
Sprinkle egg mixture on the peanut and mix thoroughly
- Step 6
Add a little of the flour mixture to the peanut and mix thoroughly
- Step 7
Separate any joined peanut, then repeat steps five or six times until all the mixtures are no more.
- Step 8
Heat your oil to a moderate temperature, then add the peanut and fry it until it’s golden brown.
Enjoy your in-between meal!
Related: How to Make Egg Roll
How to make peanut butter
Peanut butter is a mouth-watering spread commonly used in sandwiches, candy, and, as your innovative mind directs. Homemade peanut butter helps you save money while creating a tastier and healthier snack.
Ingredients for peanut butter
- 2 cups of peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of molasses, honey, or brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
Making peanut butter
- Rinse the peanuts under cool water to get rid of any excess dirt, then pat them dry
- If the peanuts are unshelled, then you should shell them by hand
- Roast the peanuts to give them that additional crispy, crunchy flavour. How do you roast them? Well, it’s quite easy. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Place the peanuts in a pan and gently toss them with the peanut or vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 176°C
- To ensure that the peanuts are not on top of each other so they are fairly evenly cooked, you’ll need to spread them on a single layer on a baking pan
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until they are golden brown
- While the peanuts are still warm, pulse them in a food processor until they are ground
- Process the peanuts by scraping them down from the food processor bowl into the bottom
- Continue processing the mixture, scraping it off the sides of the processor. Repeat the process until so desired by you. By the way, three minutes of processing should do the magic.
- Do not despair if your peanut butter is not as creamy as you buy in ShopRite. Yours is more natural, that’s why. And tastes more delicious!
- When you’re done, use a big spoon to scrape the peanut butter into a bowl.
- Add salt and sugar to taste. If you prefer a sweeter taste, add small quantities of brown sugar, molasses, or honey.
- Are you adding the ingredients by hand? Then stir them until they are thoroughly blended.
- Scoop peanut butter into an airtight container, then store it in the refrigerator for a day or two. It makes it turn into a lovely peanut butter paste.
- You can store your peanut butter in the fridge for a few weeks.
How to make peanuts for sale in Nigeria
Now that you have mastered the art of making peanuts, whether as burgers or butter, why not raise the ante by turning it into a business?
We know you’re fired up and said a resounding yes to the idea. However, getting started is the most challenging part.
So, what exactly do you need to move from the ideation stage to the reality phase? We shall provide some answers.
How to start a peanut burger business in Nigeria
We are assuming this is your first foray into business. We know you can’t wait to be the biggest peanut burger producer in West Africa, but remember what’s said about a journey of a thousand miles. Start with a step. Start small. But think big.
The advantage of starting small is that you can easily exit the business if things go south. You would have little to lose compared to starting with all your resources plowed into the business. Think of the aftermath. Your mental health, for one.
Create a Business Plan
The business plan helps you answer strategic questions, which minimizes the overall future risk. For your peanut burger business, can the plan provide evidence that it can answer questions like:
- Does a market, or a customer segment, exist?
- Will the business be able to sell the product sustainably?
- Can it efficiently produce and deliver?
- Will it be organised and well managed?
- Can it be funded?
- Can it yield ‘healthy’ funding flows?
Once you can clearly picture what you want to achieve in your business endeavour, other things should fall into place.
Create an Economic and Marketing Plan
The Economic and Marketing Plan estimates the demand, how many customers will buy your peanuts and at what price and supply, how many peanuts are available in the market, and how much they are sold for.
It looks at the differences between demand and supply, generates a forecast, and helps to plan the best approach for marketing your peanuts.
The marketing plan outlines marketing and promotional strategies and tactics to boost sales and turnover in a specific period.
What do you need to get started?
For someone new in the business, here are the basic things you need to make peanut burgers to succeed.
- Stove, gas cooker, or even firewood. Just about anything to generate heat
- Large frying pans
- Big frying spoons
- One big metal sieve
- One big and one small stainless bowl
- 1 big tray for sorting groundnuts
You’re ready for business!
Now that we have shown you how to make peanut burgers and butter for consumption and for commercials, what are you going to do about it?