A palace apartment inside the Ooni of Ife’s palace in Nigeria caught fire on Friday night at approximately 11:30 pm.
The fire is believed to have been triggered by a power surge that caused electrical appliances to explode.
Fortunately, the fire did not spread to other sections of the palace, and it was quickly put out by the combined efforts of the State Fire Service Department and Obafemi Awolowo University’s Fire Service in Ile-Ife.
READ ALSO: Ooni of Ife makes his acting debut in a Hollywood movie
It was an explosion through electrical appliances
Moses Olafare, the spokesperson for the Ooni of Ife, confirmed the incident and said, “A building apartment within the courtyard of the Palace of the Ooni Of Ife was, at about 11:30 p.m. yesterday (Friday), engulfed in flames triggered by power surge which exploded through electrical appliances in the affected apartment.”
He added that the fire only affected a building within the courtyard and that no cultural items were lost.
Olafare continued, “It was swiftly put out through the combined efforts of the Government Fire Service, OAU Fire Service and Palace Emergency Control Unit.”
Fortunately, there were no casualties or injuries reported. The statement concluded with an expression of gratitude to the Almighty Olodumare for keeping everyone safe.
READ ALSO: Ooni of Ife confesses Jesus Christ as the son of God and Lord of lords
In another story, the Ooni encouraged many with his words after he shared a throwback picture before he ascended the throne.
On Instagram, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi shared photos of himself in his last project before he became the king as he pens down motivational messages.
He explained that before he was given the opportunity to follow in the footstep of his forefathers, he was a challenging person and loved turning impossibilities into realities.