Nigeria LNG Limited is always pleased to entertain applications for scholarships from candidates that are qualified to be part of the NLNG scholarship 2022/2023.
This scholarship is open to all types of study and it is a yearly scholarship that everybody should take note of.
NLNG scholarship will provide assistance to students financially, students who would not have been able to pay for their higher education fees. The organization looks to identify and reward academic brilliance.
The torturing moments in the country will not allow some set of people to further their education, and NLNG Is there to aid with that.
Before you begin your application for the scholarship, take a moment and go through this article to have an idea of the full details of the scholarship. Details like the set of people that are eligible, the worth of the scholarship, how to apply for the scholarship, and other meaningful information about the scholarship.
Nigeria LNG Limited is still staying focused on aiding education and human capital development. These areas are of special significance because they are key and important to the development of the country. The organization looks to contribute to bringing out the next big thing in the country.
How Much Does the NLNG Scholarship Worth?
- Overseas postgraduate Scholarship – 67,500 dollars to each student per study
- Undergraduate Scholarship – N150,000 per year for the duration of the course for each student
The normal spend per student, however, ranges from 45,000 dollars to 67,500 dollars depending on the choice of course.
Scholarship Awarded by NLNG
- Overseas postgraduate Scholarship – 15 recipients
- Undergraduate Scholarship – 150 recipients
- Post Primary Scholarship – 342 recipients
NOTE: Scholarship will be taking place in Nigeria
The scholarship is divided mainly into three parts, and they are:
- NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
- NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
- NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
This part of the NLNG scholarship scheme looks to help basic six students with high performance, in the host communities of the company, to give them post-primary education.
The scholarship scheme started in 2012 and had 28 recipients. By 2019, it had reached 342 recipients with a total amount of N825,300,000, approximately ($2.697m).
Prospective candidates are admitted for the scholarship through the application that is on the company’s website, and it is based on the criteria advertised. A test to select the best candidates will now be conducted for the scholarship scheme.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Any prospective candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Should be an indigene of NLNG communities
- Be in basic 5 or basic 6
- Tender his/her basic 5 result
- Candidate must provide a letter of attestation, it must be signed and stamped by the head teacher of his/her school. The number of the head teacher should also be included.
- Candidate should also provide a letter confirming his or her citizenship. It must be signed by the chief of his/her community
- Candidate should also provide a letter of identification from his or her local government
- Not be a child of any of their staff at Nigeria LNG Limited.
READ ALSO: TETFund Scholarship
The NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship (Overseas)
This scholarship scheme started in 2012. It started with a yearly intake of 15 recipients to study at the top universities in the UK. It covers various areas of study such as Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law, Accountancy, Economics, Engineering, Management, and Environmental Studies.
The recipients of the 2019 scholarship have begun their journey in different universities in the UK. A total number of 78 recipients have benefitted from the scheme with a whooping amount of N1.308b ($4.27m). The scholarship is available in these UK universities: The University of Aberdeen, and the University of Cranfield.
Criteria for the Scholarship
Course of Study
- Management Sciences
- Information Technology
- Environmental Studies
- Renewable Energy
What Are The Requirements for the NLNG Scholarship?
- You must have completed the NYSC program
- Have a minimum of the second-class upper in your degree, in any relevant course of study
- Scored nothing less than 8.0 in IELTS
- You must not be above 30 years of age
- Tender the document of identification from your LGAs
- Be a Nigerian citizen residing in Nigeria
- You must be able to have access to a tier 4 visa when the scholarship gets approved
- Candidate should have an international passport valid for travel for at least one year from September 2018
- You should give evidence that you are available to travel if selected for the scholarship
- Candidate must not be a relative to any staff of Nigeria LNG Limited.
- Have a provisional admission from these UK institutions to study any of the following courses: Information Technology, Law, Medicine, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Engineering, and Geosciences.
READ ALSO: NNPC/Total Scholarship
Guide on How to Apply for the NLNG Scholarship
Follow the procedures below, to apply for the scholarship:
- You can visit the NLNG official website and choose a firm for the categories you are eligible for
- Choose the category you want (e.g postgraduate)
- Once you have chosen your category, click on “REGISTER”, it will redirect you to the application form
- When you are done filling out the form for the NLNG Scholarship, click on submit, before you click on submit, make sure you have gone through the form thoroughly for any mistakes.
READ ALSO: Top Universities In Nigeria 2022
Other Steps of Action
After you might have completed your application and met the necessary requirement. All you have to do is wait for your name to be part of the shortlisted ones. Then you can move on to the screening. To be part of the next beneficiaries of the scholarship.
There is a proven way to have a good shot at being selected as one of the recipients of the NLNG scholarship. It is to study their exam’s past questions and their answers. This gives you an idea of what to expect when you are faced with the real deal.
READ ALSO: NNPC Scholarships: What You Must Know
The Past Questions
The NLNG scholarship past questions and answers will give you an insight into what the original question will look like. It will prepare you well and you will not be found wanting when you are faced with exams at a crucial moment.
We hope this article with be able to provide you with important information and details on how to go about the NLNG scholarship. After carefully going through the required process, you might just get lucky and become the next recipient of the award.
FAQs About NLNG Scholarships
Who owns NLNG?
The company is an Incorporated Joint Venture owned in the following proportions: Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) (49%), Shell Gas B.V. (25.6%), TotalEnegies Gaz & Electricité Holdings (15%), and Eni International N.A. N.V. S.
Who is the head of NLNG?
Philip Mshelbilais the Managing Director of the Nigeria LNG Limited
How much is the NLNG Scholarship worth?
Overseas postgraduate Scholarship – 67,500 dollars to each student per study
Undergraduate Scholarship – N150,000 per year for the duration of the course for each student
How much is the Chevron Scholarship?
The scholarship Award ranges from $500 to $2,500 for one academic year