This article will direct you on how to cancel auto-renewal on MTN data plans. Either daily, weekly, or any formed plan you might have subscribed to. Don’t panic because we have got you covered.
Setting yourself up for auto-Renewal on the MTN data plan means you want them to automatically renew the plan you currently subscribe to when it expires or before it does. Therefore, you will be charged with your airtime automatically even if you need it to make calls.
Related: How To Link Your NIN To Your MTN Sim
How to Cancel Auto-Renewal on MTN
MTN is one of the best network providers in Nigeria, and they have a way you can renew your plans as a customer. You might have done that knowingly or unknowingly. But either way, it will lead to the deduction of your airtime.
This is why you should take your time to go through this article and have an idea of how to cancel auto-renewal on MTN extensively. To stop auto-renewal from happening, here are the USSD codes to cancel auto-renewal MTN plans.
How To Cancel Auto-Renewal On MTN Data Plans
There are a lot of data plans you can subscribe to on MTN. They range from daily, to weekly plans, down to monthly plans, and so on. The similar way you subscribed to these plans is not that different from the same way you opted out of the auto-renewal.
Once you have an idea of the codes to subscribe to your data plans, all you have to do to cancel your auto-renewal on MTN is to send ‘NO’ with the code to 131. That might be a little confusing, right? Don’t worry, we will explain better.
For example, if you subscribe to a 2GB MTN monthly data plan on MTN. And you have intentionally or unintentionally opted for auto-renewal. You can end the monthly data plan by sending (NO 130 to 131), which will ensure that the autorenewal gets canceled.
In the same way, you can opt out of the 2GB data plan for two days by sending a different command code to the number. The command to opt out of the auto-renewal is to send (NO 154 to 131). With this process, you can opt out of the MTN auto-renewal plan you are subscribed to. Here are some of the few commands to cancel your auto-renewal on your MTN line.
Other Auto-renewal Commands
- 25MB Daily – NO114 to 131
- 75MB Daily – NO104 to 131
- 1GB Daily – NO155 to 131
- 200MB (2-days)- NO113 to 131
- 2GB (2-days)- N015 to 131
- 350MB Weekly- NO102 to 131
- 750MB weekly- NO103 to 131
- 1.5GB monthly- NO106 to 131
- 2GB monthly- NO130 to 131
- 3.5GB monthly- NO110 to 131
- 6.5GB monthly- NO107 to 131
- 11GB monthly- NO116 to 131
- 25GB monthly- NO117 to 131
- 60GB monthly- NO118 to 131
- 100GB monthly- NO138 to 131
- 120GB 2-month- NO133 to 131
- 150GB 2-month- NO134 to 131
SEE: How to Check Glo Account Balance
How To Cancel Auto-Renewal On MTN XtraValue Plan
The MTN XtraValue plan is split into two, Xtra talk plans and XtraData Bundle. Xtra talk is for when you need more airtime than what you recharged. MTN will help you double your airtime when you recharge and then leave you subscribed to it.
It is similar thing to the XtraData bundle. They will double your data for you instead of airtime. Although it is very helpful sometimes, it can be very painful when auto-renewal kicks in. They will deduct your airtime, and you might have saved that for something else. Here are the codes to get rid of that:
- Text NOD 300 to 131 to opt out of Xtra Talk auto-renewal
- Send NOD 500 to 131 to opt out of Xtra Talk auto-renewal
- Text NOD 1000 to 131 to opt out of Xtra Talk auto-renewal
- Send NOD 2000 to 131 to opt out of Xtra Talk auto-renewal
- Text NOD 5000 to 131 to opt out of Xtra Talk auto-renewal
- Send NOD 10000 to 131 to opt out of Xtra Talk auto-renewal
- Text NOD 15000 to 131 to opt out of Xtra Talk auto-renewal
- Send NOD 20000 to 131 to opt out of Xtra Talk auto-renewal
Codes To Cancel MTN XtraData Bundle Auto-Renewal
- Send NOV 300 to 131 to opt out of XtraData Bundle
- Text NOV 500 to 131 to opt out of the XtraData Bundle
- Send NOV 1000 to 131 to opt out of XtraData Bundle
- Text NOV 2000 to 131 to opt out of XtraData Bundle
- Send NOV 5000 to 131 to opt out of XtraData Bundle
- Text NOV 10000 to 131 to opt out of the XtraData Bundle
- Send NOV 15000 to 131 to opt out of XtraData Bundle
- Text NOV 20000 to 131 to opt out of the XtraData Bundle
READ: 9Mobile NIN Link Code
How To cancel MTN Facebook Auto-Renewal
All you have to do is send the commands listed below to 131. To stop getting any auto-renewal for Facebook, either daily, weekly, or monthly. Send this command if you want to do that.
- To opt out of the daily plan, send STOPFBD to 131
- For you to cancel the weekly plan, send STOPFBW to 131
- Lastly, to opt out of the monthly plan, send STOPFBM to 131
ALSO SEE: How to Transfer Airtime on MTN
How To cancel MTN Whatsapp Auto-Renewal
Follow the steps below if you want to cancel your WhatsApp autorenewal on MTN, no matter your package. Here are the commands:
- To unsubscribe from the daily plan, send STOPWAD to 131
- To opt out of the weekly plan, send STOPWAW to 131
- If you want to cancel the monthly plan, send STOPWAM to 131
How To Opt-Out Of MTN Instagram Auto-Renewal
The following steps listed below will direct you on how to cancel the Instagram auto-renewal plan on your MTN.
- To unsubscribe from the daily plan, send STOPINSD to 131
- To opt out of the weekly plan, send STOPINSW to 131
- If you want to cancel the monthly plan, send STOPINSM to 131
How To cancel International Calling Bundles on MTN Auto-Renewal
The MTN international call bundle is another offer from MTN. With this bundle, you can make international calls to anybody outside the country from Nigeria at a less costly rate.
You can make calls to 18 different countries, including Denmark, Canada, China, Germany, India, Ireland, Malaysia, South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, South Korea, Israel, Hong Kong, Romania, Cyprus, Malta, Luxembourg, and Sweden.
- To opt out of the auto-renewal of the ₦200 plan, send NOIDB200 to 131
- To opt out of the auto-renewal of the ₦400 plan, text NOIDB400 to 131
- To opt out of the auto-renewal of the ₦1,000 plan, send NOIDB1000 to 131
How To Cancel the MTN Auto-Renewal For All Callertunez
A different way that MTN thrills its customers is to let them enjoy the benefit of a caller tune. You get to let your friends enjoy the latest ringtone when they call you.
There might be a time you don’t want it anymore, and you have no idea how to stop, but they will keep deducting your airtime. Get your MTN Callertunez auto-renewal canceled by sending NO to 4100.
READ: How to check Airtel number
FAQs on how to cancel auto-renewal on MTN
To stop your data from automatically renewing,… Dial *131*1*9*3# >> reply with the number option of the bundle > then reply with 1 to proceed.
It’s simple. Just send STOP to the shortcode 138 via SMS
Open your dial pad and dial the SSD code *135*6# Then choose the appropriate option to deactivate Du daily data package 2 AED 60MB.
If you want to stop automatic data renewal with any of these options, you will need to use the code that is linked to any of these bundles once you’ve done that, text NOcode to 131.
When you turn off automatic renewal, your Subscription will remain active until the end of its term, and you will not receive any refunds or credits.
Trying to opt out of any plan on MTN can be a little confusing, especially when your airtime keeps getting deducted. At the end of this article, you should understand how to cancel auto-renewal on your MTN line.