How to transfer airtime on MTN to MTN for the first time is straightforward. Through a single code, mobile users may effortlessly share their credit and finish this quick transaction in seconds.
You must pay your service providers airtime credits to use their services, such as making telephone calls and surfing the web.
The ability to transfer airtime credits to other customers is offered by almost all telecommunication network service providers in Nigeria.
MTN allows you to transfer airtime to another MTN phone number. You can do this for payment, or you can do it to give others what you have.
How to transfer airtime on MTN 2022
Transferring airtime on MTN in 2022 is as easy as ABC. This results from the simple and uncomplicated guide MTN has provided for its customers.
In such light, how to transfer airtime on MTN for the first time does not require a long today list and does not require massive trial and error on the part of the MTN user.
To clear up any confusion for users of this service provider, the MTN Share service and the airtime transfer service employ the same procedures.
Accessibility to this service is made available to all MTN users. You must be informed of the policies that apply to this service, though.
Before using this service, postpaid users should take into account the terms and conditions:
Sending between ₦50 and ₦5,000 is possible in a single transaction.
The maximum amount of airtime credit that can be transferred for prepaid mobile service subscribers is the credit balance on their phone line.
This implies you need sufficient airtime credit on your phone to cover the transfer amount to another client.
Any transfers are limited to Naira sums only. Your balance should read ₦50.00 and not ₦50.29 because Kobo transfers are not supported. The daily transaction cap is ₦100,000.
Please take note that you have the option to transfer this amount daily to one MTN phone number or several MTN phone numbers.
You are permitted to transfer airtime as often as you like each day. Remember that your daily transfers cannot total more than ₦100,000.
Users of the postpaid service on the network are only permitted to transfer airtime when their postpaid account balance is positive and not harmful.
For instance, if you are a postpaid customer and have -₦200.00, you cannot transfer credit.
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN for the First Time
To Transfer airtime on MTN for the first time, you must follow these simple steps
STEP 1: Change MTN Transfer Code
By default, the PIN of all MTN users before it is changed is 0000. This has to be changed as it is not possible to share airtime with your loved ones if it is not changed.
How to Create Pin For Airtime Transfer on MTN:
To change your default pin, follow the steps below:
- Create a code only known to you in your head first. The code should not be so simple, like 1234 or 0000. It can be something like 2587 or something like that. (Advice, do not pick 2587, but I hope you get the gist)
- Proceed to change it by sending a text message in this format: Your default Pin, followed by your new PIN, is typed twice. Send it to 777. E.g., Let’s say your new pin choice is 6757, and your default PIN is still 0000. Send 0000 6757 6757 to “777” OR
- Dial and send *777*0000*6757*6757#
- Immediately, you would get a text saying the change was successfully effected.
STEP 2: Airtime Transfer by SMS
Use the short messaging service to send a text message to your service provider by dialing 777.
- Send the word “Transfer” to the number 777, followed by the recipient’s phone number, the amount of credit you want to send, and your PIN code. Say your PIN is 6757, and you wish to send ₦500 to the MTN phone number 08176538000. (On your device, type this message: Send 08176538000 500 6757. Just email it right now to 777).
- You will receive a confirmation request from the network provider after sending the text message.
- To finish this process, the word “YES” must be texted to the same number, 777.
- How to Hide Number on MTN
- How To Borrow Airtime From MTN- A quick guide
STEP 3: Airtime Transfer by Code
Using the code on how to transfer airtime on MTN is very seamless. This approach is relatively easy to use because all users must dial *777*, then the recipient’s phone number, the desired amount, your PIN, and the # sign.
For example, you would call *777*08176538000*500*6757# if you wanted to transfer ₦500 to an MTN phone line with the number 08176538000, and your PIN was 6757. After dialling the code, press the send or OK button on your device.
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN to another Network
It would be beneficial to know the art of sharing MTN airtime with other networks for emergency and professional purposes.
For instance, someone with another network (like Airtel, Etisalat, or Glo) could ask you for airtime so they can make a hurry call. So let’s hurriedly discuss if such is possible.
How to transfer airtime on MTN to Airtel
Although transferring airtime from MTN to another Airtel looks pretty awesome, most blogs are filled with tricks on how to do this, but the simple truth is NO.
I called MTN customer care (180), and they specifically told me that it is not possible to transfer MTN Airtime to Airtel. I know this is heartbreaking, but it is the truth. Sorry!
SEE ALSO: How to Recharge Prepaid Meter Online
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN to Glo
Even though moving airtime from one MTN-owned line to Glo seems fantastic, the simple truth is that you cannot do this. Most blogs are full of tips on how to do this, but this is 100% not possible.
It is not possible to transfer MTN Airtime to Glo as MTN Customer Care directly informed me when I called them at (180). I am aware that this is heartbreaking, but that is the reality.
How to transfer airtime on Etisalat to MTN
Although transferring airtime from Etisalat to another network seems fantastic, the simple truth is that you cannot.
The majority of blogs are full of tips on how to do this. It is not feasible to transfer Etisalat Airtime to any other network.
According to the customer service line at 9mobile (Etisalat), which I called at (200). Although it is heartbreaking, this is the reality.
How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel to MTN
Although transferring airtime from Airtel to another network seems fantastic, the simple truth is that you cannot. The majority of blogs are full of tips on how to do this.
It is not feasible to transfer Airtel Airtime to any other network, according to the customer service line at Airtel, which I called at (111).
How to Transfer Airtime on Glo to MTN
Although transferring airtime from Glo to another network seems fantastic, the simple truth is that you cannot. The majority of blogs are full of tips on how to do this.
It is not feasible to transfer Etisalat Airtime to any other network, according to the customer service line at Glo, which I called at (121).
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN to Bank Account
- Create an account at www.zoranga.com by logging in.
- Log into your account after creating one.
- Following your selection of the deposit money option, you will be presented with three options: MTN share and sell, Zoranga pin, and Deposit via pin. You can transfer the airtime into your already-created Zoranga account using these three methods.
- Choose the “Deposit via pin” option if you are carrying your recharge card pin and haven’t yet loaded it onto your phone.
- After that, transfer the airtime and enter the recharge card pin. Refresh the page after waiting for roughly five minutes to see if the airtime has successfully been added to your Zoranga account.
- If that portion of the transaction went smoothly, choose transfer money and then type in your bank information or the information for the account you want to receive the money.
- You should choose MTN share and sell if you are an MTN user and have entered the recharge card pin into your MTN line.
- After choosing the share and sell the option, input your cellphone number, the mobile number of the person sending the airtime, and the amount you’ll be putting in. You will be provided with a piece of contact information to transfer the airtime to using MTN share and sell; you should write this number down someplace.
- After checking to see if the airtime transfer was successful after around 5 minutes, click transfer money and input the information for the bank account you want the money to be transferred.
- How to Check Glo Data Balance in 2023 (A Quick guide)
- How to Subscribe to Airtel Night Plan In 2023
- How to Load 9Mobile Recharge Card
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN beta Talk
Customers using the MTN beta talk plan cannot transfer airtime unless they migrate to another MTN Tariff Plan.
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN yafun yafun?
Customers using the MTN yafun yafun plan cannot transfer airtime unless they migrate to another MTN Tariff Plan.
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN Ghana?
Through USSD, Dial *198#
Enter 2 to transfer
Enter the recipient number and ENTER
Enter Amount / Enter the decimal value of the amount without the dot (e.g., 50. 50 cedis).
Enter Me2U Pin Code
Press 1 to Confirm
We hope that all MTN users who have been having difficulty transferring airtime will find this in-depth information about How to Transfer Airtime on MTN very useful.
For more updates on airtime transfers and other MTN services for both prepaid and postpaid users, you can visit Battabox.com.